September 18, 2013

Charice Launches Chapter 10 Album

Charice’s 3rd Philippine album titled Chapter 10 has been launched! After the digital release of the album, Charice and Chasters were together at the Atrium Events Center of Robinson’s Place Manila on Sunday, September 15, 2013 for the official launching of the hard CD copies of the album. I was one of the Chasters who braved the heavy rain and strong wind on that Sunday not only to have a special moment with Charice but also to get hold of the Chapter 10 CD.

I arrived at the venue with the lower part of my jeans, the upper part of my black t-shirt, and my sling bag wet from the rain. The rainwater was dripping from my foldable umbrella when I finally reached the entrance of the mall. It was thoughtful of the mall management to make plastic bags available for wet umbrellas. I put mine in one and carefully placed it inside my sling bag so that it would not be a disturbance when I roam around to meet old and new Chasters.

It was not difficult to find the Atrium Events Center because I could hear Charice music from the entrance. Titanium got louder and louder as I approached the cordoned area where four or five people were manning a table full of the Chapter 10 CDs. I was excitedly staring at the cover photo of the album as if trying to memorize its every detail. I barely understood what one lady was asking me about. When I realized what the question was, I said, “Yes!” Of course, I wanted to have a copy! I handed her my payment and she handed me my new treasure.

Chapter 10 has a total of 13 tracks. The one original song, Unexpected Love, is the first in the list. Charice said in an interview that it would be the first track because of its importance to her. Nine songs are covers. The album also has three bonus tracks. Two are Titanium club mixes by Brian Cua. The third is Yakap which is originally in the soundtrack album of "Muling Buksan Ang Puso." Yakap has been charting in the Top 20 Soundtrack Songs of iTunes PH for seven weeks now, peaking at #1.

Here is the list of the songs in Chapter 10:


Before the album launching at the mall, I had already heard all the songs. Based on the iTunes PH tracks sales, Charice’s version of Titanium is the favorite in the album. For me, however, the one that really got me was When You Say Nothing At All. I cannot pinpoint what really made me wear a big smile the first time I heard Charice’s cover of this song. Maybe because I am familiar with the original and its previous covers so that hearing a different arrangement and vocal tones, which to me made the song light and sexy, my heart and mind jumped with excitement and just played it on repeat the first night I got its digital copy.

In the middle of the album launch show, Charice requested for a chair to be placed on the stage. She then asked for a volunteer to join her. A young lady, who was standing near the stage taking a video of Charice, agreed to be the volunteer. Then, the instrumental intro of When You Say Nothing At All played and I was so happy to know that the chance to hear Charice sing my favorite live would happen very soon. I think I was more excited than the young lady on the stage.

The following day, I went out and arrived home past ten in the evening. The first thing I did was to check the iTunes PH ranking of Chapter 10, which had been 2nd for the past three days. The Chapter 10 cover photo—the one I stared at the night before—revealed itself as I scrolled down the iTunes PH page. Wow! Chapter 10 topped all other albums in the Pop category! I was very excited to post the good news on Twitter and Facebook for Charice, her Team, and Chasters to see.


I found it ironic that topping the iTunes PH chart happened a day after Charice ended her album launch telling the audience to forget about the gold or platinum album status, although she recognized its importance. More than the sales status, she wanted people to get the album and be able to relate to it and be inspired. She also shared that she invested so much emotion into the album.

Listening to the album, I have no doubt that Charice indeed put her all, talent and emotion, into the album. I could hear them. I also agree to what she said regarding 'gold or platinum.' When You Say Nothing At All is not topping the charts but still it is my favorite in Chapter 10. It is a song that is now close to my heart. Thank you for sharing your music, Charice!

Here is a video I made to show the precious moments of some Chasters with Charice:



**********

CD copies of Chapter 10 are available at the PH record stores. For digital downloads from iTunes PH, please click here. Chapter 10 is also available at iTunes of other countries.

2 comments:

  1. Another inspiring post, Tita! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, again, in such clear way! As for me, although i haven't been able to attend this event, thanks to all kind Chasters that recorded, i feel that i was there. As for her album, it exceeded my expectations! Listening every day, everywhere i go, i carry her music with me. My favorites are "The one that got away" [wich i SO wanted a full version since i first hear it on Infinity Tour videos] and "Titanium [the slow version] But ALL her songs have in them a lil of Cha's soul and if you can feel it, then you're really listening! Excited for the new projects and may God bless her always, as well as all the Chasters in this wide, but small world! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana. Yes, we're all looking forward to the announced Charice projects and those that are yet to be revealed. :)

      Delete